Health, Environment and Safety
- (i) Health policy
The Julian Cleaning’s policy seeks to preserve at all times the health of its staff and sub contractors through a high degree of personal hygiene and implementation of work procedures that are free from health risks. The company retains the services of good clinics to take care of the workers and much emphasis is placed on the promotion of total health concept and protection of the worker. Staff will be advised to stay away from excessive noise, harmful chemicals and encouraged to wear personal protective equipment. Regular medical examination will be encouraged.
(ii) Safety Policy
It is the policy of the company to carry out our activities in such a way that the lives of all our employees and other people who may be connected with our operations are safeguarded. The company will ensure adequate provisions of personal protective equipment and that personnel adhere strictly to the safety precautions required in any area of its operations. To maintain a high safety standard, the company will develop all staff in safety, health and environmental matters. For all projects, a detailed safety plan will be written and site management will be responsible for its implementation. In this respect the following strategies will be put in place:
- Hazard / job analysis.
- Regular safety meetings will be organized for the staff.
- Every accident will be reported and properly investigated and lessons learned will be communicated to all.
- Corrective actions will also be taken to avoid re-occurrence of accidents.
- 2 (iii) Environmental Policy
It is the policy of The Company to ensure that the environment in which its operations are carried out are preserved and that work is carried out in a clean and tidy environment. To this end The Company will ensure that:
- Good housekeeping is adhered to.
- Industrial and domestic wastes generated in the course of our operations are adequately disposed off safely in accordance with Nigerian regulations.
- No work will be performed unless it is performed safely and without any safety or environmental risk.
- Environmental issues will be ranked equal to service to be delivered.